Skip to main content

How to Make Awesome Knuckle Tattoo Gloves

I have been feeling a bit crafty recently and decided to try on something new. I saw a DIY for embroidery knuckle tattoo gloves and decided to give it a go. 
DIY embroidery knuckle tattoo gloves

I bought some really cute tech knit gloves (the ones that let you use your smart phone while you are wearing them) and set to embroidering on cute/fun knuckle tattoos. I spent an entire evening trying to make this work and became quite frustrated. I used chalk to outline the letters, so I didn't have to wear them while I was embroidering. However, I had a hard time sewing the embroidery in to begin with, as the knots needed to be on the inside and it is hard to sew on the fingers and still see what you are doing on the outside. Then the damn knots kept pulling through the knit. I am sure there is a way to make this work better, but I think I picked the wrong glove type (the knit was too loose). 

However, I was unwilling to give up (I had bought like 10 pairs of those damn gloves). So I decided puffy paint was the answer! I grabbed some of my paint and went to work.

I didn't bother chalking the letters this time (but you could), as I would be wearing them as I put the lettering on and was confident I could get it right.
DIY Knuckle Tattoos

It took some careful line work and few times of using a toothpick to straighten the paint or make the holes in letters bigger. Occasionally I had to quickly/carefully wipe the paint off and start over. 

The next step was carefully taking the gloves off without messing up the paint. I sucked this up a few times, but was always able to fix it. The real tip here it to go slow, pull from the finger tips, and try not to let anything touch anything else.
DIY Knuckle Tattoos

Once the gloves were off, I made sure to look at the lettering. Could I still read it easily? If not, I touched it up right then. I occasionally had to put the gloves back on to do this, but that was always a last resort. 

After I was happy with the way they looked, it was just a matter of letting them dry and then they were done!

Honestly, the absolute hardest part was coming up with what I wanted to put on the gloves. I had certain people in mind for them, so I wanted them to capture something special about that person. I spent a lot of time online looking up knuckle tattoo ideas.
DIY Knuckle Tattoos

Overall, I really like how these turned out and I am excited to give them out for Christmas!
DIY Knuckle Tattoos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Felt Animal Masks

Sarah redesigned the animal masks for me and I could not be more pleased with the results (we are referring to them as the chibi versions)! They are much more appropriately proportioned for smaller faces and printing ease. She even remade all of the patterns for me!  Head over here to see how I made my very first felt animal mask.  This is going to be a long post, as I am going to share all of them here. However, I am not going to go into the details. This is really more of a way for me to show off Sarah's amazing designs and my hard work! Bat:   Bear:   Fox:   Giraffe:   Golden Retriever:   Hippo:   Liger:   Owl:   Panther:   Red Panda:   Sloth:   Snake:   Tiger:   Wolf: If you're interested in buying these masks or the digital templates (with instructions) to create your own, check out my Esty shop: MarstenCo !

New House Colors

Our new home is not open concept. It has many distinct  rooms, which I'm currently loving and enjoying picking out paint colors for. I love a house with character and color, but I don't think it should overwhelm. When deciding my colors,  I chose some basic neutral grays, bieges, whites, and blacks that could be used as connecting colors throughout the house. I also made sure any connecting rooms had colors that complemented each other. Next, I determined a focal design element (painting, furniture, flooring, etc.) that helped defined the room's aesthetic and took into consideration the era the house was built in. Lastly, I used Sherwin Williams  to make personalized color schemes for each room to keep me inspired and focused. Below are the colors I've chosen for each room - don't judge until you see how phenomenally each room turned out (click the links to see)! Living Room : Dining Room : Kitchen: Library: Master Bedroom : Nursery : Guest Room: Upstairs Bathroom:

How to Make Awesome Felt Masks

I forgot to post anything about this. Way back in September, I created some felt masks for Mark and me to wear at the Big Zoo Party. I am very interested in making animal masks for all of the people in our bridal party as well. I think that would make some fun zoo photos. I started by deciding what animal masks I wanted to create and then looked up pictures and masks of said animals. This time I went with Red Fox and Red Panda. The next step was figuring out what supplies I needed. For these masks, I found a very nice mask form and used glue to layer the felt over it. I decided on the design I wanted to reproduce and printed it up to be the size I needed for our masks. Then I cut out the felt to match the shapes I needed. It was pretty simple. I then placed the design on the mask and moved felt pieces around until it looked the way I wanted it to. The hardest part was gluing it all onto the mask without making a huge mess or ruining the felt. I added some finishing touc