Skip to main content

Major Changes

It's been a long time since I wrote anything on here. I went trough a lack of personal time and lull in creativity when I started a very stressful and time intensive position as an Event Coordinator. However, I recently find myself with more time on my hands, renewed desire to create, and very unexpected baby boy on the way.

Honestly, after a miscarriage, several long discussions with Mark, and just getting older, I was becoming more OK with the idea of not having children. Not to mention, for some reason, I never considered that our child wouldn't be a girl. It's funny how life works out.

I have not been enjoying pregnancy... and I still have the entire 3rd trimester and labor to look forward to. It's mostly been a lot of vomiting in the beginning, difficult body changes, headaches, emotions, construction, expense, stress, worry, insomnia, and recently symphysis pubis dysfunction & gestational diabetes. Yet, knowing he is healthy and feeling him move around, is pretty great.

Since we are totally unprepared for a child, I have been making a lot of toys, decor, and other small things to prepare for his arrival. My family and friends have been ridiculously supportive and really helpful in determining what is important to do and focus on before and after his birth. Mark and I are extremely lucky to have such a strong support network.

Thus far, I have made him a playlist of all the songs I loved as a child, a Christmas stocking (for our house and my parents house), several stuffed animals, a Family Face Board Book of all the important people in his life, and I'm working on crocheting him a bathrobe.

We still have a lot of work to do to get our house ready for a baby (so much construction!), but I think we're starting to get there. Plus I am VERY excited for my family Baby Shower.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Felt Animal Masks

Sarah redesigned the animal masks for me and I could not be more pleased with the results (we are referring to them as the chibi versions)! They are much more appropriately proportioned for smaller faces and printing ease. She even remade all of the patterns for me!  Head over here to see how I made my very first felt animal mask.  This is going to be a long post, as I am going to share all of them here. However, I am not going to go into the details. This is really more of a way for me to show off Sarah's amazing designs and my hard work! Bat:   Bear:   Fox:   Giraffe:   Golden Retriever:   Hippo:   Liger:   Owl:   Panther:   Red Panda:   Sloth:   Snake:   Tiger:   Wolf: If you're interested in buying these masks or the digital templates (with instructions) to create your own, check out my Esty shop: MarstenCo !...

New House Colors

Our new home is not open concept. It has many distinct  rooms, which I'm currently loving and enjoying picking out paint colors for. I love a house with character and color, but I don't think it should overwhelm. When deciding my colors,  I chose some basic neutral grays, bieges, whites, and blacks that could be used as connecting colors throughout the house. I also made sure any connecting rooms had colors that complemented each other. Next, I determined a focal design element (painting, furniture, flooring, etc.) that helped defined the room's aesthetic and took into consideration the era the house was built in. Lastly, I used Sherwin Williams  to make personalized color schemes for each room to keep me inspired and focused. Below are the colors I've chosen for each room - don't judge until you see how phenomenally each room turned out (click the links to see)! Living Room : Dining Room : Kitchen: Library: Master Bedroom : Nursery : Guest Room: Upstairs Bathroom: ...

Nursery Remodel

There wasn't a huge need to do much more than update the paint colors and refinish the hardwood in the upstairs. But I was excited to get our son's room ready to go and inviting for him. It was the top priority when we started working on the house, as we wanted to make the transition as comfortable for him as possible.  The carpet was down when we bought the house, but outside of that, here's what we started with: If you haven't noticed, I am very partial to blues, teals, greens, grays, and oranges. I think it would be hard to leave my house without being aware of that. Hopefully, our son is into that as well! You might have noticed that his bookcases and changing table have fun backings. As He outgrew his muslin blankets and I needed to start hiding cords from him, I temporarily adhered the blankets to the backs.