Skip to main content

Wedding Seating Cards

Originally, I really did not want to do a seating chart. I firmly believed that adults should be able to figure out seating by themselves. However, after hearing about some weddings where that went horribly awry, I broke down and decided to create a seating chart. 

I decided to buy some small plastic animals to hold the seating cards. I started by cutting slits in their backs for where the cards would sit. 
DIY animal zoo placeholders seating cards

Obviously, this left the animals looking a little weird and I didn't like that they were all different colors. So next I spray painted them all silver!
DIY animal zoo placeholders seating cards

 After they were all dry, I noticed that some of the animals became a bit indistinguishable once they were all silver. So I sharpied on needed details.
DIY animal zoo placeholders seating cards
DIY animal zoo placeholders seating cards

All 100 done!
DIY animal zoo placeholders seating cards

Next I used my Sizzix Die Cutter to cut out the Seating Cards. I added some extra width to the cards by including decor tape on the bottoms of the cards. Additionally, I used clear labels to put peoples names and tables onto the cards (I would never trust my handwriting to this!).
DIY animal zoo placeholders seating cards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Felt Animal Masks

Sarah redesigned the animal masks for me and I could not be more pleased with the results (we are referring to them as the chibi versions)! They are much more appropriately proportioned for smaller faces and printing ease. She even remade all of the patterns for me!  Head over here to see how I made my very first felt animal mask.  This is going to be a long post, as I am going to share all of them here. However, I am not going to go into the details. This is really more of a way for me to show off Sarah's amazing designs and my hard work! Bat:   Bear:   Fox:   Giraffe:   Golden Retriever:   Hippo:   Liger:   Owl:   Panther:   Red Panda:   Sloth:   Snake:   Tiger:   Wolf: If you're interested in buying these masks or the digital templates (with instructions) to create your own, check out my Esty shop: MarstenCo !...

New House Colors

Our new home is not open concept. It has many distinct  rooms, which I'm currently loving and enjoying picking out paint colors for. I love a house with character and color, but I don't think it should overwhelm. When deciding my colors,  I chose some basic neutral grays, bieges, whites, and blacks that could be used as connecting colors throughout the house. I also made sure any connecting rooms had colors that complemented each other. Next, I determined a focal design element (painting, furniture, flooring, etc.) that helped defined the room's aesthetic and took into consideration the era the house was built in. Lastly, I used Sherwin Williams  to make personalized color schemes for each room to keep me inspired and focused. Below are the colors I've chosen for each room - don't judge until you see how phenomenally each room turned out (click the links to see)! Living Room : Dining Room : Kitchen: Library: Master Bedroom : Nursery : Guest Room: Upstairs Bathroom: ...

Nursery Remodel

There wasn't a huge need to do much more than update the paint colors and refinish the hardwood in the upstairs. But I was excited to get our son's room ready to go and inviting for him. It was the top priority when we started working on the house, as we wanted to make the transition as comfortable for him as possible.  The carpet was down when we bought the house, but outside of that, here's what we started with: If you haven't noticed, I am very partial to blues, teals, greens, grays, and oranges. I think it would be hard to leave my house without being aware of that. Hopefully, our son is into that as well! You might have noticed that his bookcases and changing table have fun backings. As He outgrew his muslin blankets and I needed to start hiding cords from him, I temporarily adhered the blankets to the backs.