Skip to main content

DIY Little People Gifts

Recently, a lot of very important little people have been having birthdays or showers. This really inspired me to make some stuffed animals/monsters for them!

I have been struck with the urge to knit in the last few months, so my first few projects were along that vein. I generally prefer knitting to crocheting, I just find it easier and am more comfortable with it. However, when making animals or other complicated patterns, it can be hard to find a large selection of knit options. Luckily, I had on hand some simple knit animal patterns and was able to set to work following them. 

In general, the patterns were very straight forward and easy for me to follow (note: I chose very easy patterns). My only hitch-up is I still don't 100% understand how to correctly pick-up a stitch. I kind of just do it incorrectly and move on... Here are some of the projects I finished over the last few months:
Clown fish knit animal
red bird knit animal
Cerberus knit animal
Toothless Night Fury Dragon knit animal

I really love how they turned out! The first three were about 6-7 inches long, but the clown fish is more like 18 inches.

Next, I decided it was time to make some more fleece monsters. Mark and I are currently in love with the under-known show 'Bravest Warriors'. It's seriously wonderful and made by the same people who created another of our beloved shows, 'Adventure Time'. But I digress, one of the best parts of 'Bravest Warriors' is Catbug, who is impossible to not immediately fall in love with. So, when Mark came across this Catbug Pattern, it was a no-brainer that I would make it.
Catbug Fleece
Catbug Fleece
Catbug Fleece
Catbug Fleece

After browsing other patterns made by Voodoo-Tiki, I settled on horse pattern, that came out a bit weird. I decided to make it a Cathorse....
Cathorse Fleece
Cathorse Fleece

I can't wait to try out some of his other patterns! I love making these fleece creations! Hopefully, these guys are welled loved in their new homes! I know I am pretty in love with them.

Comments

  1. Emma LOVES hers. She decided it was a cat and kisses it and says "hello meow!" every time she gets up. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad!! I really thought hard on what I wanted to make her. I thought it would be more like a pink zebra....but sometimes cat heads seem to sneak their way in. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Felt Animal Masks

Sarah redesigned the animal masks for me and I could not be more pleased with the results (we are referring to them as the chibi versions)! They are much more appropriately proportioned for smaller faces and printing ease. She even remade all of the patterns for me!  Head over here to see how I made my very first felt animal mask.  This is going to be a long post, as I am going to share all of them here. However, I am not going to go into the details. This is really more of a way for me to show off Sarah's amazing designs and my hard work! Bat:   Bear:   Fox:   Giraffe:   Golden Retriever:   Hippo:   Liger:   Owl:   Panther:   Red Panda:   Sloth:   Snake:   Tiger:   Wolf: If you're interested in buying these masks or the digital templates (with instructions) to create your own, check out my Esty shop: MarstenCo !...

New House Colors

Our new home is not open concept. It has many distinct  rooms, which I'm currently loving and enjoying picking out paint colors for. I love a house with character and color, but I don't think it should overwhelm. When deciding my colors,  I chose some basic neutral grays, bieges, whites, and blacks that could be used as connecting colors throughout the house. I also made sure any connecting rooms had colors that complemented each other. Next, I determined a focal design element (painting, furniture, flooring, etc.) that helped defined the room's aesthetic and took into consideration the era the house was built in. Lastly, I used Sherwin Williams  to make personalized color schemes for each room to keep me inspired and focused. Below are the colors I've chosen for each room - don't judge until you see how phenomenally each room turned out (click the links to see)! Living Room : Dining Room : Kitchen: Library: Master Bedroom : Nursery : Guest Room: Upstairs Bathroom: ...

Nursery Remodel

There wasn't a huge need to do much more than update the paint colors and refinish the hardwood in the upstairs. But I was excited to get our son's room ready to go and inviting for him. It was the top priority when we started working on the house, as we wanted to make the transition as comfortable for him as possible.  The carpet was down when we bought the house, but outside of that, here's what we started with: If you haven't noticed, I am very partial to blues, teals, greens, grays, and oranges. I think it would be hard to leave my house without being aware of that. Hopefully, our son is into that as well! You might have noticed that his bookcases and changing table have fun backings. As He outgrew his muslin blankets and I needed to start hiding cords from him, I temporarily adhered the blankets to the backs.