Sunday, March 17, 2013

Irish on Ionia

I have to start by saying it has been YEARS since I spent an entire day drinking. So I was a little worried that Irish on Ionia would not go well. Either I would fade fast, overdo it, or really pay for it the next day. However, I am pretty happy to report none of these things truly happened.
Irish on Ionia
Jen, Mark and I got up at the crack of dawn to get ready and head out around 7am. By the time we got there, McFadden’s (the bar) was already standing room only. 
Irish on Ionia
The first 6ish hours went by in a blur of drinking, dancing, and laughing. After we made some friends, spent an obscene amount of money on booze, and got tired of the 45 minute bathroom lines, we ventured outside to meet up with my sister and her friends in the blistering cold.
Irish on Ionia
Irish on Ionia
There were some fun games and entertainment set up outside, along with several bar tents. I would have loved to stay out longer and explore, but it was just too cold and there was nothing set up to help deter that. 
Irish on Ionia
Irish on Ionia
Needless to say, we high tailed it back towards the bar. Of course, now there was a long line to get back into McFadden’s.
Irish on Ionia
We decided to venture out Irish on Ionia and hit up Stella’s (the bar).
Irish on Ionia
Stella’s was warm, had no bathroom wait, and there was a great atmosphere. Stella’s is a great bar that combines video games, geek, and drinking. I pretty much loved it! 
Irish on Ionia
We hung out there until 8pm. At which time Mark and I decided headaches were coming on and we needed to sleep. Jen, Leah, and the rest stayed out for another hour or so and then disbanded. We all realized there was nothing worth continuing on for. We had already had the perfect day, why push it and ruin it. All in all, I truly enjoyed Irish on Ionia. I would do it again, as long as the weather was at least over 40 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment