Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Urn

Mark and I gave his grandma her Christmas present early this year, as she is headed out of state in a few days. This means I can talk about the urn I painted/glazed for her!
Erin and I went to a potter shop in September and worked diligently on creating a few masterpieces. While we did not throw/create the actual pottery or have anything to do with firing it, we did spend several hours carefully designing and painting our pieces.
Luckily for me, Erin is an amazing artist and was more than willing to help me with shading. You want an A+ 2-D piece of art? Well I can help you with that. You want something with shading, realism, or depth? Sorry, not my forte. Maybe you should talk to Erin. I did.
Overall, I am pretty happy with how our pieces turned out and the process of making them. I had a lot of fun working on them and the company was the best. I would definitely do this again.
Plus, it made an awesome gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment