Monday, September 10, 2012

Big Zoo Party

This year, Mark and I attended Potter Park Big Zoo Party. Our amazing friend Alex (of the band The Tenants) gave us tickets. I really love social events and any reason to dress up, so this was pretty exciting for me. 
Potter Park Zoo Big Zoo PartyPotter Park Zoo Big Zoo Party
Not only was I excited, but it meant I got a chance to create some awesome masks for us to wear (since it was a costume ball). I love love love crafting. Since I had been toying with the idea of making animal masks for our wedding party, this was the perfect time to try making one. 
Potter Park Zoo Big Zoo Party
The Big Zoo Party was a lot of fun. They had a ton of great entertainment (like the Tenants, massages, Tarot Readers, and Cirque Style Performers) that really got you in the mood to donate (or drink...or both). Since Mark is pretty in love with red panda's (hence his mask), we made sure to give a little to help them out.
Potter Park Zoo Big Zoo Party
I always have a great time hanging out with animals and this was no exception. 
Potter Park Zoo Big Zoo Party
Potter Park Zoo Big Zoo Party
 Plus, I love dressing up (and we looked great!).
Potter Park Zoo Big Zoo Party
I am excited to go again next year! There were some great auctions, some of which I would like to bid on next year. The auctions included:
-Wild Game Dinner: A gourmet 7-course meal for 8 people
-Enrichment Experience: Create and deliver enrichment, tour and dinner for 5 people
-Sweetheart Tour: Special animal enrichment and private tour for 2 people
-An Evening in Wonderland: Tour, dinner and dessert during Wonderland of Lights for 5 people
-Night at the Zoo: Sleepover, BBQ dinner and fireside s'mores for 20 people
-Lion Sponsorship: Framed photo, plaque with donor's name and tour
-Tiger Sponsorship: Framed photo, plaque with donor's name and tour
-Rhinoceros Sponsorship: Framed photo, plaque with donor's name and tour
-Penguin Sponsorship: Framed photo, plaque with donor's name and tour
-Otter Sponsorship: Framed photo, plaque with donor's name and tour.
Also, I cant wait to make more masks! Mark really seemed to enjoy his (or at least it made him feel like a superhero).
Potter Park Zoo Big Zoo Party

No comments:

Post a Comment